20 February 2010

And Now Hulk Hogan is Here!

R, one of Tweet's grad school friends visited us some time back. R is from the Upper Peninsula. In case you don’t know much about the Upper Peninsula, I recommend you search Wikipedia. I can’t really provide too much detail as I have been to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan only once in my life . . . to visit Tweet’s friend, R. That's when I learned about the Yoopers – they are usually Finnish in origin, very fair and very blonde. As an aside, that area of the country has the best blueberries IMHO.


R grew a moustache (naturally blonde) for his trip out to the Arab world to see us. I guess he heard that facial hair would help him fit in better and so he grew his moustache long. R liked to go out and about by himself especially in the early morning hours. The kids in the neighborhood on their way to school would see him trying local warm breakfast foods and started calling out after him, “Huk, Huk, Huk.”


The kids thought he was Hulk Hogan. I can’t believe we got Rambo and Hulk together in one place!